Stopford has provided design and consultancy support for more than 300 fuel storage and distribution projects globally and to date we have delivered expert services to over 20 terminals across the UK. Our projects have ranged from small to large projects and have encompassed all of our in-house engineering consultancy services and disciplines.
Recent work has included full cradle to grave services for large new terminal expansion modification, improvement and infrastructure projects. Typically this would comprise of FEED (Front End Engineering Design), Environmental, planning and other consultancy services through basic and detail design and on to construction and commissioning support.
We have also been engaged to carry out numerous small to medium size projects including the following :
- HiHi level alarms and interlocks design and specification.
- Bund investigations, sizing and upgrades design and specification.
- Tertiary containment design Pump and pipework design.
- Control and electrical design and specification.
- Pipework stress analysis.
- Vapour detection proposals and dispersion modeling.
- ATEX studies.
- SIL determinations.
- Remote operated shutoff valves design in and specify.
- Fire protection designs design and specification.
- Pump performance investigation.
- Vapour recovery unit design and specification.
- Vapour recovery unit performance investigation.
Recent projects include:
Stopford also continues to support its multi-national petrochemical clients with the delivery of numerous bio-ethanol blending projects. The Renewable Transport Fuels Obligation Order 2007 currently requires fuel producers to blend their transport products to contain a 3.5% bio-fuel component (2011). As such Stopford are providing our clients with the full suite of services required to enable them to fulfill their obligations under this Order.